After an exhaustive… and exhausting GDPR review, Ardent Recruitment Limited is now GDPR Compliant!
I’m sure you will know that the rules relating to GDPR came into force on 25th May. You probably received emails, not just from us, but from every shopping website, pub and restaurant chain you have ever signed up to, asking if you are okay with them retaining your personal data.
Although we were starting from a strong base (e.g. we never did send candidate details to clients without express consent), we still had to put in a great deal of work to ensure that we adhere ing to GDPR now and in the future. We worked alongside and are grateful to our GDPR consultants, Mitigate GDPR and our lawyers at Ignition Law to ensure that all our policies and processes are correct.
Here’s a breakdown of what was involved:
- Senior Management engagement
- Staff training and awareness
- Information audit (what data is held and taken)
- Processing activities and the lawful basis agreed
- Data Privacy Impact Assessments
- A review of our 3rd party Suppliers and their readiness for assessment
- Policy framework and governance
- Processes for Data Subject Access requests and Breach Incident response
The upshot of all this is that our candidates and clients can be confident that we are compliant and more importantly that we only hold personal data for our legitimate interests and we always secure consent when appropriate. Your personal data is safe with us.
Our new Privacy and Data Protection Policies are now in place and available. If you have any questions or want to know more, please contact email@example.com